Our Next Chapter
We are launching an ambitious capital campaign to usher in a new era for our library. We have adopted the slogan, The Next Chapter, because it defines the story of a constantly evolving library that serves the community well.
Our journey has taken us from a one-room library all the way to a 12,000-square-foot facility which also includes an outdoor pavilion. With your help, we are ready to begin the next leg of this vital journey in providing our community with state-of-the-art, cutting edge library facilities that will enhance the educational opportunities and quality of life offerings for the people of Greenville and Butler County for generations to come.
No contribution is too small to make an impact. As Helen Keller once wrote, “Alone we can do so little. Together, we can do so much.” Our story is your story, which continues to have as its plot an intense determination to be the best. Please join us as we write The Next Chapter together!
With your help, we can add:
• Community Room Enhancements – Plans call for adding more technology, including a fixed LCD projector, large flat screen television, sound system, a digital white board and video-conferencing capabilities.
• Children’s Room Enhancements – The Children’s Activity Room will see chairs and tables replaced along with increased technology, including fixed iPads, computers and hands-on learning stations.
• Foyer Showcase – A pair of large display cases will be added to the foyer leading to the Community Room to spotlight the exciting programs available at the library.
• Outdoor Plaza – An aesthetically appealing Outdoor Plaza can be added to the rear of the main facility for outside seating, where patrons can read and enjoy the beautiful adjoining grounds of the Camellia Pavilion. Stairs added to the Plaza will connect to the Pavilion.
• Historical Mural – The vaulted ceiling at the center of the library will feature enlarged historic photographs of Greenville and Butler County covering the entire interior wall space. It promises to be an awe-inspiring addition to the library, enhancing the aesthetic appearance of our library’s centerpiece.
• Parking & Beautification – Opportunities exist for greater parking access, landscaping and more outside lighting near the Camellia Pavilion.
More information about the Capital Campaign - including special event fundraisers - will be forthcoming. If you would like to read more about the Capital Campaign, please download and view the attached materials. Help us write our Next Chapter!